Monday, September 7, 2009

Top 10 signs that the Koh parents are away . . .


1. We cook FRIED rice with FRIED chicken wings and FRIED sotong balls for dinner cos that's the kind of food 16ers like to eat.
2. The cans of beer in the fridge are left untouched.
3. The husband does the honours of rolling down the chicks in the garden and changing the light bulbs (jobs usually undertaken by our Father)

4. We stay home for lunch on a SUNDAY and whip up a platter of cold cuts, sundried tomatoes, cheese and freshly baked foccacia bread (the kind of meal that doesn't excite my Mother)

5. My teenage sister and her bestie sing online karaoke in the room and no one is complaining. Did I mention they're auditioning for the 2011 Singapore Idol.

6. We queue in line for 40 minutes to have dinner at Sushi Tei. Something my folks won't do though they'll wait 1 hour for Bak Chor Mee.

7. No one fills up the ice cube tray in the freezer (yet another job faithfully done by our obsessed Father)

8. My already neat dresser is not as neat as it can be cos my dear Mother isn't around to 'find things to do'.

9. I no longer wake up in the morning wondering which house I'm in - I get to move back home permanently!!! Yipee!
10. There is a $15 carton of Horizon ORGANIC milk sitting in the fridge next to our usual $3 Farmhouse milk. (There *is* a difference - we've put it through a vigorous taste test)


Well the last I heard from my dad was that we were gonna start eating organic food after they get back so we thought we should start getting use to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...