Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend Talks

For posterity .....

A) Over lunch @ P.S Cafe, on taking on your husband's name
Me: Do you know that when you talk your husband's family name, you should take his entire names as well? So technically, I should be Mrs Foo PZ not Mrs S Foo.
Sam: Eee, Foo goes better with a Chinese name
Mum: Who say so, you got Grace-foo, Beauty-foo, Wonder-foo
Me & Sam: :o

B) In the car, on convincing mum to get a dog for Sam
Sam: You know I almost convinced mum to get a dog yesterday
Me: Oh really! How so?
Sam: I told her she can take the dog for walks (our mum is into a walking phase at the moment) and she was like 'oh yeah!' ... then after that she say 'No lah no lah - who's going to look after'
Me: Mei, you sure you can take care?
Hubs: Ya, you have to walk the dog *everyday*, rain or shine
Sam: Just get a threadmill and let it run on it lah!
Me & hubs: :o

C) In the car, on what Sam's going to do with her life
Sam: I really don't know what I want to do with my life
Me: You should go be a journalist
Sam: No way, I'm not going to wake up at 4am and go down to some scene to report a news
Me: Maybe you should be a civil servant too, both your sisters got Civil Service blood. Continue the tradition.
Sam: No way,I can't imagine myself as a teacher or doing some office job
Hubs: I know, I know what you can do - go work in SPCA (see B)
Me & Sam: :o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...