Thursday, January 12, 2012

A spoon full of sugar ...


makes the medicine go down (not)! Today was the first time Julianne had a taste of something other than breastmilk and sadly it had to be medication for a nasal congestion that she has caught.  

My heart broke a little when we had to feed her the medicine only to see her spit it out even though we were told it was sweet.  Looks like its Mama's milk or nothing.  

She must have caught the bug from either me or Sam (who caught it from me) when I came down with a bad cough about 2 weeks ago.  Mama's bad.  I'm sorry Julianne to put you through this.  The hubs and I had a rough night yesterday but I can only imagine it must have been worst for her.  

We brought her to the pediatrician who saw Sam some 18 years ago.  Good old Dr Junior Hiew, always as patient in explaining to us what was happening to our daughter, why she was restless last night and what we could do to make it better like - no aircon for the next few days.  

Still despite the discomfort, our sweet child still managed a big grin for the camera after her feed.  And she still maintains her quiet disposition giving us her usual smiley face when we talk to her.  

You'll get well soon Julianne I promise.  We've been praying and I'm sure God will hear our prayers. 

Big smile after my feed by pz.sher
Big smile after my feed, a photo by pz.sher on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...