Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Memories...

So apparently she has been crying everyday since 爷爷 left us.  So tonight, after yet another break down post dinner, my aunt decided to take her for a car ride to get some fresh air and so they came by the house to chit-chat, play with Jules and just be amongst family.  The past month has been painful for 奶奶.  While life has pretty much returned to normalcy for most of us,  爷爷's passing has left a huge void in 奶奶's life, that will truly be difficult to ever fill.  

It got me thinking and missing not just 爷爷 but also my Ah-ma and Baby who left us some 2 years ago.  It brought back a lot of painful memories and also sweet ones of the times I spent with my grandparents. 

爷爷's helper - Aunt Hannah, who has been with the family for what must have been forever -  shared with me these words from 爷爷 when they visited tonight.  She said "I'll always remember Gong Gong say Sher Sher's* daughter is very beautiful.  She make Gong Gong smile."

Tonight as I was rocking Julianne to bed.  I told her that if there was anything she did for her great grandfather, it was to bless him with her smile. 


*Sher Sher is what I'm affectionately called by my family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...