Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Talking Points #1

At 1 day shy of 18 months, it is clear that Jules understands far more than she can speak.  I'm not sure if it is just me being overly anxious for her to speak but I recall Sophie being able to speak a lot more at this age - which was also the time we visited my sister in Ann Arbor.  In their own time I guess although she has been getting increasing vocal these days.

So just for my own record, I thought I should start keeping track of her vocabulary.  Hopefully, we'll start seeing this list grow more quickly as she turns 18 months tomorrow!

People
Papa
Mama
Por Por
Gong Gong (She finally learnt to call my Dad this week.  Oh you should have seen my Dad's happy face!)
Da-da (My elder sis likes to think she's calling her since we ask her to call her Da-yi but she pretty much goes around calling everyone else Da-da)
Che Che (for Sophie)

*Hasn't learnt to call Yiyi Sam and Uncle Jude yet, much to Sam's disappointment.

Food
Mum-mum (for eat)
Nai Nai (for milk or whenever she wants to nurse)
Strawberry (She says this best.  Not an easy 3 syllabus word for a 17 month old but I guess she knows she has.to.earn.her.treat)
Nana (for bananas)
Apple

Things

Ball (for ball or balloon)
Bubble (One of her favourite words.  She says it everytime we have a bubble bath)
Vroom vroom (for car, drive or gone off like when my sis goes home after visiting and we ask her where's Da-yi, she'll go "vroom vroom")
Umbella (for umbrella.  She can't quite pronounce the 'r')

Nature/Animals

Flower
Bird
Woah Woah (for dog)
Duck

Expressing 

Hi
Bye
Ait (for wait, complete with putting up her palm and telling you to wait.  Can't pronounce 'w')
Mine! (This is our favourite.  She does it when we ask her Angel belongs to (Angel is Yiyi Sam's 17 year old stuff doggy.  She'll go mine! Complete with hand action pointing to herself.  It'll break her heart knowing Angel really isn't hers)

There are probably a few I may have missed out but these are pretty much her entire vocabulary for now.  Hopefully she'll pick up more words as she joins the bigger toddler class come next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...