Friday, November 1, 2013

Letters to Julianne #29

Dearest Julianne, 

Happy birthday Juju!!! Judging from the time you got up from bed today, I can tell you're as excited about turning 2 as I am!! It's like you know today is partyyyy time and just couldn't tolerate wasting another minute of your special day in bed!! You must have remembered what I promised you about your surprise awaiting you downstairs and that we were going to be out with Che Che at a big playground today!! 

You have grown from a dependent, sometimes helpless baby to a young toddler with a mind of your own, peppered with as much stubborness like your Gong Gong and with a little tiger temper like Mama.  But you also have this awesome sense of humour and have that ability to crack people up with the funniest things you say and do!  You have the ability to make Por Por smile with your cheekiness even when she's angry with you for misbehaving - that is like magic! 

Likeaboss
Modelling in Mama's 4" heels
It seems like you accomplished more in your first year than in your second - which I guess is only natural.  Afterall, you came into this world as a helpless newborn so being able to do all that flipping, walking, crawling in your first year made it seem like it was much harder work.  Still, you have much to pat yourself on the back for over the past year, some of your greatest milestones were :

♥ behaving like an angel on your virgin flight to Melbourne at 13 months and then again for a short trip at 18 months.  I'm hoping you repeat the same magic when we fly again next month
♥ starting playschool and seeing how you have grown from those early days of being in tears each time I picked you up to being so comfortable in the school grounds you insist on playing on in school now when I pick you up at lunch
♥ being little miss independent.  You enjoy self-feeding, putting on your own shoes (though not necessarily always getting it right), removing your own clothes and diapers and anything else that you like to think you're capable of doing (driving a car included)
♥ your vocabulary - that has grown from the barely 10 words when you turned one to the region of a hundred odd.  You are completely able to articulate your needs (and your wants).  Just last night, Mama sat down and attempted to make a list of the words you can now say.  I stopped counting at a hundred and we probably have a good 50-80 more words to add to that list 


Mama is bracing myself for the Terrible Twos - which started even before today.  I am hoping we don't have to get too drastic with the disciplining business but I also don't want you to get away with thinking that being naughty or not sharing your toys is acceptable behaviour.  So I pray that somewhere down there in your little 2 year old brain, you will have that maturity to not be too terrible in your terrible twos.  I know - I'm just wishful thinking right?  Game to prove me wrong? 

Yiyi Sam's biggest fan
Don't grow up too fast Jujubee.  I hope that this time next year, you'll still be running to me for cuddles, that I'll still be the first person you call out for when you get up from your naps and sleep and that you'll still want to wear whatever dress I pick out for you (that's already beginning to be a challenge).  

You have been like God says "a good and perfect gift".  Have a wonderful 3rd year my sweet Julianne!! May our good Lord continue to bless you and may His angels continue to keep watch over you.  

Already showing signs of not wanting to be embarrassed publicly

Love you to the moon and back!! 

With all my love (and Dada's)
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...