Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Husband, Father, Grandpa


Daddy turns the BIG 60 today!!! Little Sophie, who dictated her own arrival time, couldn't have chosen a better time then this! Seems like she too wanted to join in the party and make sure she got to wish Grandpa H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y too!!!

August is typically a celebration month for this family. Its dad's birthday, mom's birthday, our god-brother and god-sister's birthday, the nation's birthday and now the baby of the family says "me too me too I want to join in the fun" Celebrations started days before today. Dinner at Harbour Grill was simple, cosy and refined. The dozen of oysters and that lobster brisque soup poured from a tea pot in front of us was simply divine! Dinner that night revolved around little Sophie who thankfully arrived just hours before that, giving Dad and Mum a peace of mind to enjoy their dinner. Dad received a big present from us all. A classy Prada wallet that I picked up. Its always a chore buying my dad a gift - he's got shirts spilling out from his wardrobe and enough golf item to last him a life time. Get him another watch and my mum will probably disown me. It took me and my sis a while to settle with the Prada wallet. In between that were ideas of an iphone and lap top of which we concluded our dad just wasn't savvy enough for.

Met up with the grandparents and godbrothers for dim-sum over the weekend to continue the celebrations - chinese style - with the obligatory longevity buns or "shou tou" as we call them here. Mum's simple homecook dinner tonight together with little Sophie's, Chets' and Jude's 'presence' (thanks to Skype) plus that lovely cake from our favourite Pattisier wraps up this one birthday Dad's not gonna forget for a long time to come!

From Husband to Father and now Gong Gong . . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...