Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Kungfu Panda

Baby J is just about coming to 24 weeks and always happy to let Mama know that she's around and that she too wants to join in the lives of Dada and Mama!! And that's just what she has become - a huge part of our lives today! Our conversation revolves around her, we sing to her, I think twice before deciding what my next meal should be, making sure that its gonna be good for Baby J too, even strangers come up striking a conversation about my very round belly!

In the last few weeks, what has been really special were those kungfu panda kicks that she has been practicing. What started as little butterfly flutters have today become pretty powerful kungfu kicks!!! Not an easy feat for a barely 24 week old pumpkin. But I look forward to those kicks everyday. They're special moments I share with Baby J and only Mama has exclusive rights to feeling them. The hubs tries to steal a share of such moments in the evening by placing his ear to my tummy but Baby J has been cheeky ... always withdrawing her kicks when she knows Dada is here!

It has been a pretty amazing journey thus far and I'm enjoying every bit of this pregnancy. Yes, I can no longer see my toes and yes, I've long hung up my 4" stilettos, but the privilege of carrying this miracle of life in me is priceless and truly a gift from God. We can only pray that God will grant us the grace to embrace parenthood and bring up Baby J in a way that will honour and please Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...