Sunday, March 11, 2012

I Got Yummy Pumpkin in My Tummy!

Because of her reflux that is giving her a poor milk intake, we've been told by our paed that we can start Julianne on solids ahead of the usual 6 months.  We started about a week back with some porridge water which she absolutely LOVES then progressed on to whole grain rice cereal.  I give her the Best Earth's brand which is very fragrant and though she doesn't devour it like her porridge water, she hasn't rejected it either.  We've also fed her avocado which was more of a miss than a hit.  Think she didn't quite fancy the blandness of the fruit.  Either that, she's got my taste buds - I don't fancy avocados either except in california rolls and guacamole. 

Halloween came early for her this year as we gave her a little pumpkin treat yesterday.  I ordered some organic produce online, steam up a small portion, pureed it and added some breastmilk to thin it out.  You should see the expression on her face when she had the first taste of the sweet orange vegetable.  It was like - "Mama, why have you hidden this food from me all this past 4 months!!!"  If she had her way, I think she would have finished the entire bowl! It was really funny seeing her opening her mouth so excitedly each time I brought the spoon near her and how she insisted on wanting to hold the spoon by herself! 

Por Por says this girl has the Koh genes - gourmet foodie - not contented with just plain breastmilk.  We are convinced that one reason her Yiyi Sam loves her uni and foie gras today has to do with all the liver porridge we blended for her when she was a baby.  I think Julianne is on her way to the same route as her Yiyi Sam! 


Yummy Pumpkin by pz.sher
Yummy Pumpkin, a photo by pz.sher on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...