Sunday, May 13, 2012

My first Mothers' Day

Its technically my first Mothers' Day, since this time last year, Julianne was still in utero.

I think in the midst of all the great lessons I have learnt - changing diapers, nursing, doing with little sleep etc - over the past six months as a Mom, the greatest has to be learning to appreciate my own mother a lot more.  And having my mom sacrifice her work to help me take care of Julianne showed me that a mother's role and love doesn't just end when her children are grown up, it continues, with even more love to take care of her children's children.  

So though I've been a Mom for six months now, I don't quite feel I've done as much as my mother to deserve celebrating Mothers' Day.  Still it was nice to receive flowers from Julianne (well the Papa actually) and even nicer to hear Julianne call out "Mama" (though I'm really not sure if she was really calling me or just being her usual chatty self so I'm not getting too excited for now yet).

We had a lovely brunch at Hummerstones - cosy little place with just the kind of food that's up our alley.  Eggs benedict, yummy pancakes and very child friendly.  

With Julianne by my side and the husband by my other and with Mom, Dad and Sam also with us at the table, I couldn't ask for a better way to spend my first Mothers' Day. 


My first Mothers' Day by pz.sher
My first Mothers' Day - with Julianne my precious stream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...