Saturday, June 23, 2012

L.O.V.E

One of my favourite time of the day is the moment that Julianne sees me as the car pulls over in front of the house as we return home from work.  Most of the time, she'll be hanging out in the garden with either Gong Gong or Por Por waiting eagerly for us to come home.  These days, it doesn't take very long for her to recognise it's me the moment I step out of the car.  I like to do that inching bit by bit forward thing as I go towards her.  Then almost immediately, her legs will start going crazy - what her Papa calls "like a pin-ball machine" and she'll break out into the biggest of grins!!  That's followed by stretching out her arms wide open asking me to 'bao bao' her.  My day is complete.  

Yesterday was Friday.  We typically knock off early on Fridays but the hubs had to work late so my Dad picked me up from work.  It was still pretty early by the time we got home so the pumpkin was still chilling with her Yiyi and Por Por up in the aircon room (given the insane weather these days - plus Julianne is like her Mama, she can't stand heat and she perspires in the air con sometimes even!).  So I opened the door and peep into the room from the side, wanting to see what mischief she was up to.  When she saw me, she literally broke out into loud giggles, like laugh out loud kinda loud and starting crawling frantically towards me!! It was such a proud Mama moment for me. 

One of my greatest fears back then before going back to work was the fear that Julianne won't recognise me with the long hours away from her.  How silly I was to think such.  It's amazing how they at this age have that innate ability to know just who their parents are; well not so much the concept of parents but at least who's closest to them even though we don't spend as many hours with her as my Mum does.  I credit my full four months of being with her 24/7 before going back to work and our nights nursing together for this bond that no one can ever rob me of.  

I can't thank God enough for how much love and attention Julianne is getting.  I'm fortunate in that I'm blessed to have the family support that not all my friends have.  Julianne is constantly being engaged, played with and talked to - what I believe has helped built the personality and character she has today - a cheerful, curious, happy, sociable little baby.  We not ready for me to be a SAHM just yet but I think Julianne is doing great even though I'm not around all day.  She's having alot of fun growing up with Por Por and Yiyi Sam taking care of her in my absence.  

She is so LOVEd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...