Sunday, June 17, 2012

Papa Dearest

To the man who .....

  • stayed in that delivery room with me throughout the 15 long hours,
  • saw our daughter before I did and was the first to tell me how beautiful she was, 
  • has bath Julianne everyday since she was born, least for the 3-4 occasions when he had to work late,
  • on many occasions, dropped everything at work and came home to lent me support during those trying weeks when Julianne was on a drinking strike,
  • always makes sure that her rocker is never out of battery, 
  • changes Julianne's diaper without me having to ask him to,
  • takes such great photos of Julianne, she gonna have no lack of baby photos for her wedding montage, 
  • tells me to keep it going at breastfeeding for as long as I can because he too wants the best for her, 
  • takes her on evening walks just so that I can have some time-out whether it's to whip up dinner for the family or to take a nice long shower, 
  • destroyed oh so many milk bottle teats just to perfect the flow that would be just nice for our fussy daughter (who hates it when the flow is too fast and gets impatient when its too slow), 
  • was beaming with so much pride and joy when he first heard Julianne call out "Papa",
  • is and always will walk alongside me in this journey of parenthood ...

Happy 1st Fathers' Day!!! You've been an awesome Papa - our daughter is so blessed to have you as her Daddy!!!!!


Papa Dearest II by pz.sher
With her dearest Papa
Papa Dearest II, a photo by pz.sher on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...