Friday, July 13, 2012

Letters to Julianne #12

Dearest Julianne,

I’m writing to you because I feel like a horrible Mama today and I just wanted to say sorry baby. I should have been more patient with you last night when you kept me up the entire night for the second night running and refuse to be put down in your cot. I know you must be feeling terrible with that throat infection and all Mama could think of was when you were going to just sleep and stop being needy.

I am angry with myself for the way I was losing my temper with you, getting frustrated and irritated and not understanding why it was so difficult for you to just SLEEP. I put my own need for sleep before your need to be cuddled and comforted and I am sorry for being so selfish.

This is the first time you are sick and so needy at night. You’re usually a champ when it comes to sleeping at night and all I had to do when you stirred was to nurse you back to bed. But these past two night, you needed more than nursing. You wanted to be close by me, your way of saying “Mama, please stay with me, I’m not well and I want to snuggle up close  to you”. I should have understood that earlier, then I wouldn’t have been so impatient like I was. I reflected on my behaviour over quiet time this morning and I’m really sorry for my bad behaviour. I promise I’ll do better tonight and that I’ll cuddle and cradle you in my arms for as long as you feel comforted.

Mama pinkie promise you that I won’t behave this way again and that I’ll be here for you no matter what it takes out of me.

I’m sorry baby. Mama love you very much. You’ll be well soon I promise.

Love you so much,
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...