Thursday, October 4, 2012

36 candles

This time last year, we were wondering if Julianne was going to make her way out in time to celebrate her Papa's birthday.  And as she would have decided, his 35th birthday came and went without her in sight.  

Which made his birthday this year just that extra special as we celebrated his first birthday as a Papa!! And so in celebration of this extra special birthday, I decided to bake the husband a cake.  The last time I baked his birthday cake was on his 30th birthday, 6 years ago.  It was also his first birthday we celebrated as a couple.  Yup, looks like I'm setting myself up for a tradition to bake him a cake every time we celebrate a 'first' on his birthday!  

Baked with Love

Truth be told, I was also using this opportunity to do a trial run of Julianne's 1st birthday cake! I figured it'll be nice to bake her her first birthday cake!  I won't go on about it here since this post is technically for the husband lest he 'complains' how his daughter always steals the limelight.  

And so we chose the colourful Lantern festival night to celebrate his birthday amongst family.  Julianne was so excited when we started to sing the "Happy Birthday" song and Sophie was just so eager to sink her teeth into the vegan chocolate cupcakes my sis baked for her.  There was yummy home cook dinner and lots of laughter all round.  Just how birthdays should be celebrated! 

So as he turns 36, the best gift I can give him are my prayers that our good Lord will continue to bless him richly with wisdom to be that wonderful father he aspires to be (not that he isn't already - but you know how fathers set the standards for their daughter's future husband?) and fill his life with so much love and joy so that he can continue to be a blessing to the many people around him.  Just like how Julianne and I have been so blessed to have him as our Papa and husband.  

Happy birthday dearie!!  We love you very very much!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...