Friday, November 16, 2012

Just once a year . . .

We found ourselves back at the Four Seasons just the weekend past, a 'tradition' we've been keeping to for the last four years since we got married except for the one year we were away in LA.  With both my birthday and our anniversary in the month of November, it was always good reason for us to pamper ourselves that once in a year.  And now, we have Julianne's birthday to add to the excuse for a staycation at the Four Seasons.  This year was also special because we were back with our little one in toll. thankful that we could now celebrate our wedding anniversary with an extra special someone. 

It was embarrassingly also the very first time we as parents took care of Julianne for a entire 24 hours (we were there for a 2-night stay but met up with my folks for dinner on the 2nd night) all by ourselves - no grandparents to take her off us so that we could have some alone time nor helper to help me wash my pump parts after I was done with expressing.  

I appreciated the quality time we got to spend with her and each other and I think she too was savouring all that attention she was getting from us - must have been wondering in that little mind of hers how come I get Papa and Mama all to myself this weekend?  She refused to be put down to sleep unless her Papa - who was watching tv in the hall outside - was in the room with us (something she didn't need back home).  While she was totally excited by the new surroundings in the hotel room, busy exploring every nook and cranny and loving particularly the toilet (not hard to understand why since it is quite a gorgeous toilet) and the dustbin, it took her a while to settle down for her sleep on the first night.  Not surprisingly since she has not slept elsewhere (including day time naps - lest for the once or twice at my sister's) other than home for the past year.  She did much better on night 2 though, sleeping for a longer than usual stretch even before waking up for her middle of the night snack.    

It was a good break and a trial run of sorts for us in preparation for our upcoming trip to Melbourne.  At least now I know I won't have to lug so many toys with me cos she ended up exploring the room and wasn't so interested with the toys I had brought along.  Can't wait!! 

Our weekend getaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...