Monday, July 1, 2013

Solo

I'm solo parenting for the first time since Jules' birth.  I guess it *had* to happen at some point and when it did, it's for a good 11 days and at the exact same time her Yiyi Sam is also away. The hubs is away for a work trip to the US and UK.  Miss him lots. Miss the partner in our tag team who'll help with a diaper change, entertain Jules while I shower and pick her up from the cot in the wee hours of the night and bring her to me for her night comfort feeds.

I'm not sure how the daughter is feeling about not having her Papa around though.  The first time her Papa appeared on Skype, she just stared at the computer screen, not quite sure what to make out of the idea that her Papa was on screen - just like Barney in her Barney videos. The second time was slightly better, we figured she got the idea, plus with the littlest aunt also away in Australia, she kinda got use to this whole Skyping business. The past few days though, she has been ignoring her Papa whenever he comes on Skype.  I'm thinking she's quietly angry with him for not being around and throwing this "you-don't-want-to-be-home-so-I'm-not-talking-to-you-either" fit.

It thankfully hasn't been too bad.  Yeah for family.  For wonderful grandparents who entertain her in the evenings so that I can shower and get the room ready for bedtime.  It's rare to see grandpa feeding Jules her bowl of sweet potato soup for dessert or giving her a piggy-back ride around the room - things her Dada usually does. And there's Por Por who she insists must come to the bedroom to put her to pat her to sleep while I nurse her - our daughter likes crowds.  And nothing beats having her favourite cousin spend Sunday with her - even if it means fighting over a stool - hugs from her Che Che makes her day.

Cousin hugs

4 more nights to go!! I'm counting down.  I'm sure Jules is also secretly wondering where her Dada is and hoping every night she sees him before bed.  Well, wait till she sees all the goodies he's bringing back, I'm sure his disappearance will be all forgiven.

We miss you Papa!

Come back soon Papa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...