Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Talking Points #3

Jules is becoming quite Lil Miss Chatty of late.  It probably is a combination of school and a vocabulary spurt which is common around this age at about 20 months.

I'm starting to lose track of her new words already so before I completely do, I thought I better just keep a record - just for my own sake and no one else's.

People
Baby (referring to the little babies in her books and whenever she sees a real baby) 
She has mastered calling all of us at home including her Da-yi and Che Che Sophie.  She's still working on her Uncle Jude and Uncle Sam.  She has also taken to calling me Mummy lately.  I think it's something she picked up from school since no one at home uses the term.  Well, I don't suppose the teachers use the term Mama in school so there you have it!

Food
Pork (Our helper taught her this at dinner time one day.  From then all, all forms of meat she's eating is pork. Ask her what's that in her bowl of grapes, the answer will also be pork)

Things
Bag
Barney
Bed
Boat
Book
Car (Graduated from saying "vroom vroom".  She can now say it the right way)
Car key
Cup
Pour
Puppet (She surprised us with this one day.  I was packing her toys and putting away her bag of puppets when she just pointed to it and said "puppet")
Shoe
Soap (Our daughter is a little OCD.  She has a thing for mopping the floor and washing her hands multiple times with soap)

Animals
Pig (From her new love for Peppa Pig)
Cow

Nature
Sun

I can't be more proud of her to see her making all these little development in her speech.  It must be a lot of hard work which probably explains a little regression in her sleep patterns the last two weeks.  

Good job my baby!  Mama's so proud of you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...