Saturday, October 5, 2013

37 candles ....

It was children's day yesterday, it was also the hubs' birthday.  

I wasn't able to take leave from work cos I had an event so to make up for it, I caved in and got him a gadget that he's been eyeing for (but which I've been rolling my eyes over) and spent my afternoon on my day off earlier this week baking him a cake! 

I've always wanted to have a go at baking one of those light and fluffy Japanese strawberry shortcake.  So when I found this recipe I had high hopes of it turning out just like I imagined.  But alas, the end result wasn't to my satisfaction.  The cake turned out grainy and nothing close to the soft cotton airy texture like those we tasted in Japan.  The fresh cream (which the younger sis helped prepare) was tasty though (if that's any consolation).  If the cake had succeeded at being what it was supposed to be, I was planning to bake it for Jules' 2nd birthday but looks like it's back to the drawing back for that one.  



Still we had a cosy evening blowing out the candles on the cake the night before.  No prizes for guessing who was most excited to blow out those candles!! Jules clapped along, sang "Happy Dada" and was eagerly waiting for all the singing to be over so that she could blow out those candles! She got so close I was so afraid her hair was going to catch fire!! She was soooo happy! 



We spent yesterday evening having a simple delicious homecooked dinner of birthday noodles which my mum whipped up before heading out for some ice cream at haagen daz!  Jules couldn't be happier with that ice cream sorbet topped with rainbow sprinkles! It was like it was *her* birthday!



Doesn't matter how we celebrate our birthdays these days, it's special as long as our little girl is happy! 

Happy birthday dearie!! May our Lord continue to pour forth his blessings and favour upon you so that you may grow in faith and wisdom.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...