Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Of family, feasting and fun . . .

The Lunar New Year long weekend is over but thanks to all the cookies that I have been munching on, I lost my voice and got myself an extended holiday with two days of medical leave.  Thankful the sore throat hit me only towards the end of the 3rd day and I got to enjoy my holiday!  Went back to work today and my boss sent me straight home and gave me strict orders to stay home the next two days.  I think she couldn't bear to hear me speak another word.  

I enjoy the Lunar New Year for all that the season brings - the sun is always out, there is the spring-cleaning part that signifies a new beginning and out with the old, the house is stocked up with food and cookies to represent abundance in the new year, it's reason for new PJs, new clothes, new shoes and fresh linen on the bed and a time of reunion and spending time with family.  






Jules had a really good time with all her little cousins.  She also welcomed a new cousin - Baby J - who arrived just in time to wish everyone "Gong Xi Gong Xi".  



She saw her cousins M & M everyday and got so comfortable with the idea of playing with them that she went to bed the other night saying "Tomorrow, Juju wake up, Juju play dough with Mikaela". 







This year, I picked up Jules' cheongsam from A, Apple Pie at the Not Too Big boutique at Forum.  It went perfect with her little "nian nian you yu" jade necklace - a little piece of tradition that I use to wear when I was a kid.  I also got Sophie a matching outfit so that the both of them could wear them to Gong Gong's office for the lion dance on the 2nd day.  And I actually managed to tie Jules' hair up in 2 little ponytails which she miraculously did not attempt to remove throughout the day! 






Other than the usual visiting and lion dance at dad's office, we also visited my aunt's newly renovated home this year and took the opportunity to do a little crazy photo shoot.  The kids, they thought it was like a big playground! 




It truly was a great start to the year of the Golden Horse!! Hope you and your family had a -varlous time too!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...