Saturday, March 1, 2014

Thank You BabyPlanet

I am so behind in my posts.  Things have been a little crazy since the Lunar New Year holidays.  I fell really ill after all that feasting and was on two rounds on antibotics.  Then we went on our short getaway, whisked Jules off for her last day at BabyPlanet and am now working on getting her synced up for her first day of formal pre-nursery. 

So before she starts school on Monday, I thought it'll be fitting to write a "goodbye" post on BabyPlanet - a place she has grown very attached to in the past year. 

We made the decision early last year to send our then 15 month old little munch'kin to school.  Just to keep let her do some growing up on her, make some friends and horn her social skills. And grow up did she.  I would like to think that the 3 hours she spends in school several times a week has indeed played a part in her physical, cognitive and social developments.  She's achieved a lot in the past year and I give credit to the school for contributing to those achievements. 

First Day at BabyPlanet - Mar'13
So we bid the school farewell on Thursday.  I'm not sure if Jules knew what the significance of that day was although we did tell her that she was not going to see her Teachers and friends at Babyplanet anymore after that day and that she was going to big girl school.  When I picked her up from school that day, I reminded her again that she had to give her Teachers a big tight hug cos it was her last day with them.  So before we left, she run to Teacher M and gave her a hug.  She then exclaimed loudly "I want to hug Teacher Z also".  I wanted to cry just hearing her say that.  As she run off into the classroom to hug Teacher Z, I watched from a distance and was trying hard to hold back my tears.  (Didn't want to let the Teachers see this crazy mother crying on her daughter's last day).  After she was done with her hugs, I quickly picked Jules up for a prompt exit out of the school cos tears were starting to roll down fast and I didn't want to look all emo in front of the teachers.  I'm really bad at this goodbye business.  


We made "thank you" photo frames for the Teachers


And as we walked through the school gates for the last time, we left with happy and cherry memories of a wonderful year with Babyplanet.  I think Jules is going to miss the big open space, the fun gym classes and yummy tomato pasta every Monday but she's also off to another big adventure in Kindy, one that we are prayerful will also let her grow and develop albeit in a different way. 


Last ride down the babyplanet slide

So thank you Babyplanet!  You have been awesome!!!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...