Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bye Bye For Now . . .


We said our goodbyes to my sis, Jude & Sophie today as they left Chicago to return to Ann Arbor and it broke my little heart saying bye bye to my little niece. I don't think I felt as sad when they left Singapore in January. Maybe its cos I knew then that I was going to be seeing her in 2 months but I think more because the last 10 days with Sophie was just so so very precious.

I teared as we parted ways outside the Chicago Arts Institute and again when we got back to the hotel room as I was looking through the many photos we took in the past week. A call from my sister and a quick skype with Sophie who greeted as with her mega watt grin
brought this Yiyi some reprieve knowing that somewhere in that little inquisitive mind of hers, she remembered her Yiyi & Uncle Piao.

Darling Sophie, Yiyi misses you much much already! We'll snuggle you come December again OK? In the meantime, Yiyi better go rescue your Ergo from the Disney store. Maybe Yiyi should hug it to sleep tonight - perhaps all that Sophie-smell might make me feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...