Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello 2011!

I end 2010 with mixed feelings. It wasn't exactly a year that I'll like to re-live though our recent family holiday to Ann Arbor and Chicago added a sweet note to an otherwise forgettable year. Here's a glimpse of my 2010 ...
  • Visited 7 cities across 6 States over 4 trips to the US, making 2 trips to LA, Ann Arbor and Chicago. The rest being Pittsburgh, Seattle, San Francisco and New York. Before you think "what fun!", half of them were work trips!
  • Took on so much more at work I should demand a raise. There was a period I was hugging my laptop to bed, dozing off while working late into the night - not funny!
  • Lost my grand-ma to kidney failure but takes heart that she's in a better Place.
  • Had Sophie greet me with the biggest of grins a then 8 months old could give her Yiyi after a 30 hour journey.
  • Then heard Sophie call "Yiyi" for the first time at 16 months. The heart melts.
  • Lost someone so precious but have came to accept that God has better plans. We can only continue to pray and trust that all things will be beautiful in His time.
  • Overcame challenges in leading the CG and give thanks that despite so many of them moving away for studies and the guys being away at NS, we made things happen for Christ. After serving for 8 years, I take a break from leading CG in 2011. I hope I've taught them well, now it's their time to serve.
  • Saw my dearest cousin Desiree exchange marriage vows and couldn't be more happy for her!
  • Started to take better care of myself - Brands Chicken Essence rocks - and was reunited with my friend "Beef". My blood cells thanks me.
  • Saw my younger sis step up for Christ and command Youth Camp 2010. That made me very proud of her.
So you can probably understand better now why 2010 was pretty much a hit and miss. I don't know what my 2011 will be, I just know that each day of my 2011 will be in God's hands and His plans are far greater than what I can imagine. For every hit, there's much to give thanks, every miss is a lesson in His plans.

Blessed 2011 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...