Saturday, January 22, 2011

Time Out

For the first time in the week, I got to knock off before the sun set yesterday. It was a rough week at work. I don't recall Januarys being this busy. What happen to 'people still on holiday mood' or the 'pre CNY mood aka no mood to work'? Started the week being told by the boss that I now have to take on a new sector - Finance. And as if Early Childhood and Finance aren't different enough sectors, the personality differences among my staff are now even more diverse. Help me God.

So to make up for a lousy week at work (and to make me feel better about having to work the next day, yes a Saturday - for the 3rd time this month), the sweet hubs brought me on some retail therapy. With CNY round the corner, no better reason than to be pampered with a new wardrobe. I'm loving the new line of clothes at Tangs - simple and structured design, no prints just great colours! Simple was the order after the day after splurging on my Shanghai Tang cheongsam last year. So I picked up a simple coral-coloured dress for the New Year and a sapphire-blue dress for work. The little sis gets a cute cheongsam blouse embellished with little buttons - perfect for the more casual 2nd day of the CNY. Of course, no CNY is complete without new shoes! Ditched the 4" this year for a humble 1" blue sandal - a perfect match to my coral dress! With the dresses in order, my CNY is finally on its way to coming together! Cookies collection next week - looking forward to my kueh bangkit!!

Another rough week awaits me ahead. I just need to get through next week where I have two very important meetings scheduled before I can take a breather at least to enjoy my CNY. I sometimes wish work was more forgiving - life would be alot better that way.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...