Saturday, September 3, 2011

My top 10 pregnancy must-haves

10.Good pregnancy and parenting books. The What to Expect when You're Expecting was a easy to read guide. I believe most expectant mothers live by it. I also found the La Leche League book on The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding most informative and encouraging when it came to the 101 on Breastfeeding - which I'm hoping I'll be able to do for at least a year. The other good read that we found useful and well written was Dr Medina's Brain Rules for Baby.

9. My hot thermos flask. While most people fought morning sickness, Baby J was more a evening baby, which made my nights in the first tri challenging. Drinking warm water helped so since then, I've always had a flask of hot water in my room. It has accompanied me throughout this pregnancy and its the first thing I consume after waking up - which I read, is good for the body too.

8. Burts Bee belly balm. I've been faithfully applying them since round about 10 weeks. Well its doing a fabulous job so far although I was told genetics play a part to in this stretch-mark business. My sis didn't have it so I'm thinking belly balm or not, I may have been spared too. Still, doesn't hurt to apply.

7. The Leachco Preggie pillow that helps me with a better night sleep especially in the 3rd tri.

6. My Ferragamo "My Joy" ballet flats. I bought this on one of my many trips to the US last year. It certainly came in handy since I had to ditch my 4" heels. Thankfully, my feet hasn't expanded and even if it did a little, the shoe still fit me comfortably.

5. Belly bands. They are the reasons why I still fit into my bottoms today at 32 weeks! Least for a maternity work skirt and one other berms I bought, I actually haven't had to invest in any bottoms despite my growing belly.

4. Ribena. The one food item that has remained essential since Day 1. I thought it was a 1st trimester phase but no. I think I've gone through three 2 litre bottle concentrate already.

3. My mum for all the nutritious soups and meals she prepares for me. For all the bird's nest and chicken extracts she has been brewing. She's a big reason Baby J is growing so well today. We always tell her Por Por feeds her well.

2. My dearest husband for everything he does; from faithfully reminding me to take my vits to making me my comfy bed surrounded with all the pillows so that I stay comfy lying on my left. For looking into all other aspects of Baby J's arrival that don't fall into the fashion and deco department.

1. Our great God who has blessed us with Baby J and who has walked every step of this pregnancy and before with us. We know that our daughter has been beautifully and wonderfully made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...