Monday, September 5, 2011

When Mondays aren't blue

We're on leave today with nothing specifically planned for the day. I have tons of leave to clear and the hubs just decided he'll stay home with me and Baby J. It's nice sleeping in on a Monday knowing we have the entire day just to laze. But those who know me know that 'laze' doesn't exist in my vocabulary. Yes even at 32 weeks pregnant, I find it hard to 'just laze'. So here's what I've been up and about doing since 730am.

  • Prepared a breakfast of oatmeal for the recovering-from-pulse surgery father
  • Went for a nice brisk walk while the hubs did his 5km run
  • Made oatmeal for the hub's breakkie
  • Organised Baby J's newly laundered clothes and brought out her socks and hats for the wash
  • Went out to get the father a swimming float to sit on. We ended up with a yellow tweety bird float which I think Sophie can use when she's back
  • Mixed flour, butter, eggs, mash bananas and choc chip together and made a yummilicious banana choc chip loaf. I think Baby J liked it alot cos when I had it for tea, she was dancing big time!
  • Put together the parma ham we bought yesterday, brie cheese, olives and semi dried tomatoes to feed a greedy father, husband and cheese-crazy sister. Of course, I had no share in the said lunch. I was happy with left over lasagna from last night's Peperoni take out
  • Indulged the hubs by playing model so that he can perfect his studio photography skills with all the gadgets he bought. He did create some really awesome pregnancy shots though! He's been told he'll be billed in the form of night-feeds
Yap, so it wasn't quite a 'just laze' day. Not that I'm complaining. It was nice just doing mindless things that I enjoy. If the number of kicks she gave me was anything to go by, I think Baby J had a good day too knowing that she didn't have to go to work with Mama but spent the day at home with her Papa, Yiyi and Gong-gong.

Yes, our little girl loves being home and she knows it when she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...