Friday, November 11, 2011

Letters to Julianne #1

Beautiful Julianne by pz.sher
Beautiful Julianne, a photo by pz.sher on Flickr.


Dearest Julianne,

We waited 40 weeks and 1 day for your grand arrival.  On the appointed day, you still insisted on taking your own sweet time, believing that since its *your* birthday then only you had the right to choose the exact hour of your birth.  You must like the number '3' very much.  Yes, that's like us - our little family of 3.  

Over the past 40 weeks, Mama lived each day by faith that God will protect you, keep you healthy and bring you safely into this world.  Having gone through a previous lost, Mama sometimes lived my days in fear and anxiety even right to the very hour of your birth.  As I cradled you in my arms, I can only chide myself for having little faith sometimes.  Indeed our God is faithful.  During Mama and Papa's honeymoon 2 years ago, God spoke to me and promised me a 2011 baby.  And here you are, just as God had promised. 

"We prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted what we asked for" - 1 Samuel 1:27   

You came, turned my night into day and my day into night. I've learnt to put aside my obsession with routine and schedules and allowed you to take over as my official planner - my life now revolves around your cues and cries. For the first time in 32 years, I didn't bother having candles on my birthday cake, I was just thankful you made it home with us on that day - it was the best present I could ever ask for.  Papa and Mama spent our 3rd Wedding Anniversary without any fanfare, just us and you Julianne and that was all that mattered. 

I want you to know how very precious you are to me and Papa.  You have been beautifully and wonderfully created in the image of God and God has done such a great job with you.  Know my child that you are so loved.  Loved by everyone in the family, loved by us, loved by God. 

Welcome to our world dear Julianne.  Mama promise to do all I can and more to make this place a safe and happy one for you! 

Love you so much, 
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...