Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November . . .

What a month it has been ... a month filled with a whole concoction of emotions; excitement, anxiety, joy, pain, worry, frustration and absolute bliss. 

I won't have gotten through the month without the love and support of family who made coping with my new role as mother alot easier.  


There was grandma who took a good part of the month off to take care of me and Julianne.  Making sure I was will nourished and helping me take care of Julianne by rocking her so that I could get some rest.  She thankfully wasn't too strict about all that confinement rules, I got to bath (and wash my hair), by the end of the 2nd week, was happily in my shorts and tees again, managed to steal some sips of cold ribena and orange juice and was thankfully spared of all that longan drink and gingery food when I came down with a sore throat by the end of the 2nd week. 

And grandpa who though can't do much of that rocking and cooking delights Julianne every evening with his conversations with grandpa moments.  She'll listen attentively, as if understanding every word Gong Gong is saying.  It really is quite a delight to watch.  Not forgetting those little kisses he plants on her every now and then, Julianne is so loved. 


Then there is Yiyi Sam who loves to entertain Julianne with her favourite stuff toy - Angel.  In the midst of her A-levels, she took time to give Julianne daily cuddles (under my close supervision no less) and sing her the rubber duckie song during bath time.  The only thing she hasn't done is change Baby J's poopy diaper.  


And giving support and love from afar - my sister Serene and little Sophie - whose advise over What's App and Skype has been most helpful in calming my anxiety and worries.  I've asked her everything from breastfeeding concerns to sleep patterns to poop issues.  Don't know how she went through all this without as much family support as I'm having now - I salute you Chets!  And there was Sophie, who calls out Baby J in her sweetest voice going "Baby Julianne".  Those moments when she wanted to tickle Julianne over Skype was simply adorable.  Can't wait for them to come back in 2 weeks and for the cousins to meet!! 


And how can I forget the Papa who has been such a wonderful source of love and support.  He is my resource person - checking the internet for info each time I have some concern about how Julianne was doing.  He helps us at night despite having to work the next day by helping with at least one of the night feeds and the diaper changes in between so that I can catch some extended rest. He rushes home every evening from work just so that he can spend that precious 1 hour or so with Julianne before she goes to bed.  And did I mention he has been the one bathing her ever since, I've merely been assisting.  They only think that is making him a little sad is that Baby J hasn't quite taken to him carrying her; we're still working on that.    

I feel blessed.  Motherhood has been quite an experience to say the least but by the grace of God and and love of my family, I'm surviving and enjoying the journey.  Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...