Saturday, November 12, 2011

From Yiyi Sam . . .

Julianne was already 3 days old when I finally got to read this post from my sister Samantha and it was just the sweetest thing.  

I'm re-blogging it here in case my sister decides to close her blog one day (which she has a tendency to) and I never read this again. 

***

It’s going to be a very special night for these 2 very special humans (:

(FIRST OF ALL, can i just say that I am kinda disappointed that we didn’t get the whole wake-up-at-3am-emergency-waterbag-burst drama. was really looking forward to that.)
Anyhoo, Sherri Koh is gonna get induced tomorrow morning and we just gave her a send off to the hospital (:

Honestly, as much as people know me for my excitement to be a mother and my innate love for little kiddos, my sisters’ pregnancy has taught me that childbirth and motherhood are rather huge tasks to rise up to. When my oldest sister was pregnant, she was pregnant 200000 miles from home, and i guess that distanced me from the reality of it all. But over the past 9 months with Sherri pregnant, i really got to see the process up close and experience each milestone with her right next to me. Initially i thought it would just be her getting physically bigger..but it’s really not. Over the past 9 months, my sister grew up. I could see that while she expanded her waistline, she was also expanding her heart..to make room to love another human being with more love than she would possibly ever experience. Each day i saw her falling in love with that baby bump that quickly evolved into a baby mountain. She would talk to it, rub it, sing to it..it’s like they went out on dates everyday for the past 9 months and finally tomorrow they’d meet each other face to face. For my sis, that bump would become a child. And for Julianne, that voice would become a mother.

There is something beautiful about witnessing the process of pregnancy. A beauty that I, with my limited ability to express my thoughts, can never ever describe.

Erer, by the time you read this, you’d probably already have Juju in your arms. But i just wanna say that you’re gonna be a wonderful mother, just as you are and always will be a wonderful sister. I love you! And Piao, please don’t faint in the delivery ward. You’re gonna be a super Dad too (: 

And i leave you 2 with this! In commemoration of your last night as being just the 2 of you, and waking up tomorrow with just hours away to being the 3 of you:

“With child: there’s a lovely warm sound to that expression, an archaic but tender acknowledgement that for nine months you have company wherever you go.”
-Lionel Shriver

I believe it was a lovely adventure. But now it’s time for another one. One that is greater, grander, and more permanent (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...