Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Goodbye 爷爷


In the end, God decided that it would have been too painful for Yeye to live on and suffer, so He called him home to be with Him in a much better Place. 

7 children, 17 grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren, Yeye has lived a fulfilling life.  One that brought him to many places many can only dream of going, like the cruise he took to the Antartica.

I will remember how when we were kids, my cousins and I will gather in his room whenever we were at the office and munch on his almond roco and butterscotch sweets which he kept on his shelf in a green jar.  I also recall fondly how he came to pick me up everyday during my school holidays to bring me over to my aunt's place so that I could spend the day babysitting and playing with my god-brother.

Yeye, whenever I bite into the 流沙包 (custard bun) at Imperial Treasure, I will think of you cos that was your favourite dim sum dish.  And whenever we have bean sprouts, I will remember how much you hated that vegetable. 

You must have beamed with so much pride from up above seeing what a grand farewell you were given.  The sanctuary was over flowing with wreaths, I believe the last count was close to 200.  Every night hundreds of friends and relatives turned up, to give the family support and to also celebrate your life.

I give thanks you were at my wedding.  I also give thanks you were there to welcome the arrival of my first child.  I wished you stayed on to celebrate your 90th birthday next year, but God had other plans.  Better plans.  

Rest well 爷爷 ... goodbye for now.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...