Sunday, October 2, 2011

Before Two Becomes Three

Our Babymoon by pz.sher
Our Babymoon, a photo by pz.sher on Flickr.

One of our travel plans this year before we found out about Baby J was to visit Spain.  Then Baby J came along and we thought we'll save the money we would have blown on a Europe holiday and settle for somewhere nearer.  So Melbourne came to mind and we were close to planning for a trip around April/May.  But we had to shelve those plans when Dr C said I had a low lying placenta and should therefore be more careful so we decided OK, maybe we should wait till after our 20th week detailed scan.  By that time, it was June and the start of a really busy period for me at work all the way till August by which time I would be close to 30 weeks and physically not that all up for travel.  And so all travel plans were shelved I resigned to the fact that I'm officially grounded this year - pay back for having travelled 4 times to the US last year! 

So just that we get sometime to ourselves before Baby J arrives and changes our lives forever, the hubs packed us away for a 2-night getaway at the Four Seasons Hotel for a pre-wedding anniversary cum Babymoon cum his birthday and my birthday celebration.  The last time we were here was to celebrate our 1st anniversary.  We didn't make it back last year cos we technically spent the day on the plane en route back from LA.  So here we are again albeit about a month in advance.  

Our wonderful wedding coordinator arranged a really nice room on their Couples-Only floor complete with thoughtful amenities -  selection of love songs, DVDs, lots of pillows (meant for pillow fight which I would have so challenged the hubs to if not for my current state of well .... clumsiness) and even a bath butler! A lovely "Happy Anniversary" cake and mini chocolate fondue was also delivered to our room, compliments from the hotel.  

We had a wonderful stay.  Not that I was expecting anything less but it was just total relaxation.  No need to check work emails, reply to work sms-es, no mindless surfing of the internet.  Just us, lazing on the comfy bed and duvet watching TV, indulging the hubs in silly photos, working on my cross -stitch, soaking in hot baths, chilling by the pool and sleeping in till 8am (yes, that's late by my standards).  

It was a much needed escape from reality for the both of us.  Without sounding too indulgent, I think breaks of this kind once in a while is good for the mind, just to recharge and rejuvenate.  This is about the last time the hubs and I are going to have time like this to ourselves.  I think I'm going to miss it but I also know what's ahead of us is so much more!     

Thank you for a wonderful weekend dearie!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...