Tuesday, October 4, 2011

To the boy who turns 35!

Dearie's 35th Birthday! by pz.sher
Dearie's 35th Birthday!, a photo by pz.sher on Flickr.

When we found out Baby J was due end Oct, we were wondering if she may so decide to arrive on her Papa's birthday.  Well clearly, she didn't want to share her special day with anyone, not even her Papa so yes, its still just us two, celebrating dearie's 35th! 

We took the day off and it was a perfect day to laze at home with the early morning rain that kept the weather cool throughout the day.  I busied myself in the kitchen all day fixing up a lunch of eggs benedict with parma ham (which erhm, didn't quite turn out as it should cos we failed on the hollandaise sauce but oh well, never mind that, what mattered was that we both had fun in the kitchen!).  Chilled the afternoon away watching DVDs and working on my cross stitch.  Such bliss! 

On the dinner menu today was mentaiko pasta and grilled lamp chops.  Since I stumbled on Chubby Hubby's recipe a few years ago, I've faithfully followed his recipe each time I whipped up mentaiko pasta.  It's not often that I do cos the dish is just too decadent, you can't afford to eat it often - trust me, your heart will thank you.  But it's amongst one of the hub's favourite pasta that I whip up so on his special day, I had to indulge him.    

We winded up the day with some yummy banoffee tart and cupcakes from the good people at the MilkBar.  I like the banoffee tart alot more than the cupcakes though.  Presented the hubs with his pressies and made him a very happy boy!!  I think Baby J knows its a special day.  She's been kicking all day and got really excited when we sang "Happy Birthday".  She even obediently responded when I asked her to wish Papa "Happy Birthday" by giving him a kick! How adorable can she get!! ....

Happy Birthday Dearie!!      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...