Monday, December 24, 2012

Thankful Today {15th Dec - 21 Dec}

Playing catch up with Thankful Today ....  Here's being thankful for the week past. 

15th December . . .

Walk
When Julianne took her first steps at 11 months, 2 weeks and 4 days, it was a proud moment for me **sniff sniff**.  Such a milestone and I truly give thanks for how well she's developing.  At the peak of her reflux, I was getting worried that her struggle with putting on the weight would affect her development - just how wrong was I.  

16th December . . . 

Small
Ooh just how small are those tiny hands compared to her Uncle Jude's.  I know I'm going to miss those tiny hands that reaches out to feed me her puffs or carrots or to stroke my face.  Don't grow up too fast Julianne.  

17th December . . .

Bright
Brightly lighted lanterns which we put up year after year to celebrate Mid Autumn Festival.  There's something about celebrating such traditions with my family that warms my heart and I'm thankful that in this home, some things just don't change, just the way my paternal granny would have done things if she was still around today.  

18th December . . .


Gift
This year's Christmas gift for my colleagues at work.  For years now, I've made it a point to present my colleagues with something home-made for Christmas.  Usually a cupcake or something I bake but there were also years when I gave each one a jar of cocoa powder topped with mashmallow for them to prepare their very own hot chocolate drink.  Or the other year when I made almond butter in packed them into little jam jars.  This year after a year's haitus (cos I was on maternity leave last year), they'll each be getting a slice of fudgy chocolate brownie (recipe courtesy of Jamie Oliver), topped with a little Christmas cupcake topper.  Giving thanks that I work with a wonderful bunch of people ... does make the office all that more a better place. 

19th December . . .

Round
Can't say no to cakes.  Realised that this year, all our birthday cakes were round.  Starting with the chocolate cake I baked for the husband for his 36th and then Julianne's special 1st birthday cake ending off the year with my cake from the good people at Patissier.  Thankful for God's providence year after year as we blow out the candles on our cakes.  

20th December . . .


7 o'clock
This is the 7 o'clock in the morning face that I wake up to everyday.  Such a wonderful way to start my day and I count my blessings everyday to have this little sunshine in my life!!! 

21st December . . .


Dinner
p/s: photo not representative of what we have for dinner everyday.  just couldn't find a photo of mum's home-cook meal


Dinners are a huge deal for me.  On weekdays with everyone away at work and school in the day, dinnertime is just about the only time when the family sits down to catch up with each other.  In our family, we make it a point to have dinner together everyday.  I'm thankful that we're usually able to have everyone at the table 3 out of 5 days.  Mondays are Bibles Study Fellowship days for Dad and Sam and the sister is usually out for date-nights on Fridays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...