Sunday, December 9, 2012

Thankful Today {1st - 7th Dec}

This month, as 2012 draws to a close, I'm joining Mama J in giving thanks for an extraordinary year of growing, learning and loving.  

Here's the week's Thankful Today for ....

1st December ...

Beginning
I was reading my sister's blog where she posted this photo and was reminded about how God, who made the heavens and the earth, is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.  I was also reminded of those pre-Julianne years where we will attend watchnight service together to give thanks for the end and the beginning of the new year by renewing our convenant with God.


2nd December ...


Clean
That's the little one getting cleaned up after a day of running around, getting her hands on anything and everything with no understanding of the word "dirty".  I'm thankful that despite going back to work, I have managed to always leave work on time to get home in time for her bathe and have never once missed bathing her.  She loves bath time!! 

3rd December ...



Read
That's my lovely niece -Sophie.  Sophie's 3 and she LOVES to read.  I'm thankful for the many books she has passed on to Julianne.  Some of Julianne's favourite bedtime books today were once Sophie's favourite.  Looking forward to the cousins snuggling up at sleepovers under a cosy tent and reading their bedtime stories.  

4th December ...



Light
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path" ... Psalm 119:105 .... Giving thanks for God's word that is our light to keep us walking on straight and narrow paths.

5th December ...


Smile
How not to love that smile?  I'm thankful for her smile, but above all, I'm thankful for her.  

6th December ...


Talk
This was a photo taken a couple of months back when Julianne was just about 5 months.  Its a familiar scene in my family, when we just gather around to chill, chit chat and catch up.  In fact it's something we make a point to do everyday after our dinner.  I'm thankful for family time.  It's not something I know every family in Singapore has the privilege to do given the busy life of individual family members but I'm thankful that in my family, we still find time to do that everyday.  


7th December ...



View
We were up on the Singapore Flyer recently and this was a view of the Singapore skyline by night.  The brightly lit lights was a reflection of a city that was very much alive and vibrant. We truly are fortunate to be blessed as a nation and I think that's something we take for granted sometimes.  

If you'll like to join us in giving thanks for this month of December, here's how



We're off to Melbourne in a couple of days.  I'll try posting next week's Thankful Today from over there.  Till then, have a fabulous week and remember to be Thankful! 

God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...