Saturday, December 29, 2012

Thankful Today {24th - 28th December}

24th December . . .

Star
There wasn't any way for me to take a photo of the Star of Bethlehem so this was taken off the internet.  Just a day to Christmas and we're reminded about Christmas beyond turkey and presents of the true meaning of Christmas and the reason we celebrate.  Thankful for the birth of Christ and the Christmas Star that revealed the birth of Christ to the Wise Men.  I can only imagine it must have been awesome to be at the house of Jesus to see him lying in the manger.  

25th December . . .

Christmas
Nothing like basking in the love of family at Christmas and taking time to be thankful for the year and all of God's providence that is always, always more than we ever need. 

26th December  . . .

Journey
At 14 months, Julianne remains exclusively breastfed - a journey that I embarked on since her birth and one that I'm very thankful I'm still on today.  I'm thankful for understanding bosses that know I need to use the nursing room regularly while at work and thankful that today, I still have sufficient supply to meet her daily milk intake with extra to freeze away in  the milk bank.  I've no plans to wean her just yet and would love to continue on this journey till both of us are ready to be weaned.

27th December . . . 

Someone
Thankful for that one person who has given me tireless support in the past year as I coped with my new demands of motherhood.  For putting up with my impatience, for allowing me to vent on him when the going got tough, for sharing the load of parenting and for being an awesome papa to our daughter.  Really couldn't have made through the year without him standing by me.  

28th December . . .

Where I walked
This is the street where we live - a street Julianne is very familiar with cos we take her for walks daily at the nearby park connector.  Ask her where is our house and she'll point it out to you as we walk past it.  I've been walking this street since I was a kid - it's the same street my dad grew up on and I'm glad my daughter and I are now walking on it the way grandpa did when he was a child.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...