Friday, December 23, 2011

Cousin Love

Since I was visibly pregnant with Julianne (at least enough for Sophie to see my baby bump over Skype), my sister has been telling her about Baby Julianne and how Sophie was going to get to see her when she came back to S'pore. 

She told her teachers about it, pretended to want to go back into her Mama's tummy "like Baby Julianne" and even wanted to give away her favourite squeaky giraffe!  

I was really excited for the cousins to meet even though Julianne probably doesn't understand anything.  When Sophie first saw Baby Julianne, she didn't quite want to come too close, only when her Mama carried Julianne did she come forward, as if reminding her mother that - hey don't forget about me.  

But over the past week or so, Sophie has warmed up so much to Julianne, it's just so sweet.  She plants little kisses on her cousin, helped wash Baby Julianne's hair and loves giving her little pats pats, its so sweet to watch.



She actually looks for Baby Julianne when she comes back to my parents' place and loves to ask "why is Baby Julianne crying?" whenever she hears her cousin's cries.  Her other favourite - "Baby Julianne is so cute".  Yesterday, at the Underwater World, while I was feeding Julianne under my nursing cover, my sweet little niece came over and stroked Julianne's little feet as if giving her some tender loving care.  What a sweetie, learning to love at such a young age.  

I'm looking forward to the two of them playing together soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...