Saturday, December 17, 2011

"I wanna be home Mama"

With Christmas just 10 days away, I badly needed to get my shopping done.  Till date, I've only brought Julianne out to very public areas twice; for dim sum lunch to celebrate her 1st month and to church.  I really wasn't sure how it was gonna turn out but I thought now that we have the stroller, perhaps things won't be too bad.  

So I had her diaper bag all packed the day before, picked out her clothes and made sure both dearie and I got ourselves orientated with her new Bugaboo Bee stroller.  We gave her an early wash up and by 9am, she was all ready for her excursion.  I had my shopping strategy all worked out hoping to complete it in 2 hours before lunch with my grandparents.

My plan to reach town by 10am didn't materialise - lesson to self: forget about scheduling with baby.    Thankfully Julianne fell asleep in the car on the ride to town (which I had hoped) so I managed to shop in peace for about 30 minutes.  But with 15 items on my shopping list, I only completed three by noon and then our dear pumpkin woke up. 

I managed to check off two more items on my list while Grandma carried her.  You should have seen me, I was literally running inside Takashimaya to get from one boutique to another!  Managed a 2-hour dim-sum lunch with the grandparents carrying her in my arms half the time before making another dash to try get more shopping done.  

By 3pm, I was done with 10 items, a sleepy and hungry daughter and a very stressed out me.  I was very proud of Julianne though, no meltdowns, just wanting to be carried as usual.  I know she was tired cos she didn't sleep since 6am but she held up real well.  Even when it was time to eat and I couldn't feed her cos we were waiting for Papa to drive the car over, she just happily sucked on her tiny fist and exercised patience!      

But the outing left her totally stimulated she didn't go down for her nap till 5pm and happily slept past her next feed.  When we tried to give her a bathe, she was clearly way to sleepy and I couldn't bear to wake her up with all that splish-splash so we made do with only a clean up. 

I don't know how some of these mothers do it lagging their week old baby around town.  I honestly find it too stressful for myself and for the child.  I think Julianne is happier at home, napping on Por Por's bed, eating when she's hungry and breathing in fresher air than that of the malls.  

No more shopping with her in toll for a while now.  Home is better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...