Thursday, December 8, 2011

Precious ....


How to be angry with such a face even when she sometimes refuses to sleep, cries and wants Papa and Mama to wake up with her at 5am? 

At 5 weeks, Julianne is growing into such an adorable child with a personality of her own. She likes people to be gentle with her that means rocking, singing and talking to her gently.  During her occasional meltdowns, only Mama's gentle talking will calm her down.  I'm convinced she has come to recognise my voice and even my face (maybe its more the smell of milk).  

She is generally a good-natured baby and honestly hasn't been too difficult, lest for the few off-days.  Few things make her cry - (1) Coming out from her bathe.  She gets upset with us for taking her out of the water so changing her into her PJs can sometimes be such a challenge. (2) The feed before bed has been challenging.  For some reason, she will struggle at the breast, wanting to eat yet refusing it.  And strangely, its only this feed.  We're still trying to figure out what the reason could be.  I'm guessing either she's really tired or she's not hungry cos sometimes, I nurse her just to get her to bed even though it isn't quite a feed time.  

I'm enjoying spending my day with her even if it means having nursing, changing of poopy diapers and rocking her to sleep on repeat mode for a good 10 hours before the rest of the family comes home.  The wonderful hubs now tries to come back for lunch whenever he can and gets to spend that additional time with Julianne even though its just a short hour or so.    Even if she's sleeping, he's happy just looking at her snooze.     

Julianne now weighs in at a healthy 4.35kg.  Thank God all that hard work nursing her didn't go to waste!  She has also grown 2cm measuring 53cm now.  At last week's visit to Dr Yip, she had her 1st boo-boo since we were discharged.  It was her 2nd Hep B shot.  What was I thinking when I wondered if she would be brave enough not to cry ... well clearly she did but a 20sec cry for a 5 week old ain't too bad I suppose. 

Oh and we finally cut those nails of hers yesterday after she scratched herself real bad near her right eye.  Yiyi Sam did a great job while Jules was sleeping.  The first few fingers were a little stressful but we got the hang of it!

I'm typing this entry with her sleeping in my arms cos she refuses to be put down - as usual.  Yes, I've mastered the art of multi-tasking - the things motherhood does to you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...